NISSEMAN is back! By popular request it will be similar to previous years. However with the new features & a hall full of awesome high class athletes it’s going to be bigger and badder than ever!
Dates: Nov 12 2016, Dec 17 2016, Jan 14 2017, Feb 11 2017, Mar 11 2017.
The timing is the perfect 6 weeks rest period before re-starting winter base training for all those Barcelonites completing their Ironman on 2 October.
This year there will be a few new things you need to pay attention to:
– It is required to wear either a nisseman bike top or a triathlon finisher t-shirts at the spinning as bragging rights.
– There will be a you tube channel and a spotify channel set up to allow you to suggest videos and songs for the session.
– Anybody displaying a Nisseman tattoo gets free entry.
– There will be a «free» high quality Nisseman swim hat for all those completing 2 Nisseman sessions this winter season. Once earned it is a requirement to use it in future pool sessions.
-There will be a «free» Nisseman bike top for all those completing all 5 Nisseman sessions this winter season.
Like last time we meet at 08:30 for just over an hour in the pool with 200m intervals with a target of 2400m. Then its 2 hours spinning with long intervals to the traditional mix of high energy music. Finally we run around an hour out to Isdalen and back. Approximate timing is:
Swim 08:45 – 10:00
Spin 10:15 – 12:15
Run 12:30 – 13:30
After shower and sticky recovery drinks we should be finished around 14:00.
– Remember to bring enough kit for a full change between spinning and running as wll as plenty of food and drink to keep your energy up.
– Parking advice. Bystasjon is cheapest and Greighallen is nearest.
– Also remember to bring a lock so your things are safe in the changing room.
– This year we will continue with a high level of disipline in the pool to make it better for everyone:
– The lanes on the right are the fastest ones and the left the slowest.
– Each lane to designate a group leader, who can change things as they see fit.
– Program = 200m warm up, 2 x 5 x 200m ints with 30 secs pause, 200m swim out.
– 5 seconds between start time for each swimmer.
– A tap on the foot from a following swimmer means let me past at the next turn.
– Move to a faster or slower lane if your speed doesn’t fit.
Once again we are limited to 50 people who need to be either Bergen triathlon club, SiB members or special guests.