[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4769: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
• View topic - The bike part...

It is currently 23 Oct 2021 18:08

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: The bike part...
PostPosted: 03 May 2010 10:18 
Iron-nerd

...is just fabulous.

A large group from BTC went to Herdla yesterday. A fantastic day, with clear blue skies and good temperature.

The course is great. Very little traffic, good surface and beautiful surroundings. The course will probably be quite demanding, as there are many small climbs. Also prepare yourself for windy conditions. We are close to the North Sea...

Post subject: Re: The bike part...
PostPosted: 06 May 2010 10:28 
Tri dude/dudesse

Sounds great.
Preparing for windy conditions is what I´m doing now. The weather turned cold and windy the weekend, so I had no choice but go and train under genuine Norwegian race-conditions.

The Ironmonkeys´Tales:

PostPosted: 06 May 2010 10:29 
Besserwisser

...was it snowy :wink:

PostPosted: 06 May 2010 10:35 
Tri dude/dudesse

ho, that´s what I call a quick reply :D
NO :twisted: , no snow. But cold enough, anyway.
And forecast for even worse weather next WE.
But I think weather is no topic to discuss with Norwegians (and even worse, those from the Capital of Rain), we may have different definitions of "good" in this concern :D

The Ironmonkeys´Tales:

PostPosted: 06 May 2010 10:44 
Besserwisser

We've got a good forcast :-)
But then again, depends on who's viewing maybe :P

Did you catch this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd_3mt_GnCU
From last Sunday, but filmings is from before we reached Askøy.

PostPosted: 06 May 2010 10:47 
Tri dude/dudesse

That´s definitely better weather than we have. No matter the view... :)

The Ironmonkeys´Tales:

PostPosted: 15 May 2010 16:35 
Tri dude/dudesse

Training under perfect conditions ... for Norway.
Fortunately the local weather authorities obviously declared 2010 the Norwegian Weather Year. They made winter last until early april. Since then, we had refreshing drizzle all day with not too hot 7°C, rising up to 10° fom time to time, chilled down by a pleasant storm-breeze from the front, whatever direction you go...

When it comes to racing, I will not be well-trained, I will not be fast. But I probably will feel like home.

P.S.: Oh, KE, you´re a pirate as well now? :lol:

The Ironmonkeys´Tales:

PostPosted: 19 May 2010 10:21 
Besserwisser

PostPosted: 24 May 2010 12:16 
Tri dude/dudesse

Had a look at the course profile in the new manual.
"Rolling hills" and most probably nasty winds, that sounds familiar... Isn´t Askoy a Big Island too in a certain way?

The Ironmonkeys´Tales:

PostPosted: 24 May 2010 15:34 
Besserwisser

Askøy is and island yes. "øy" is norwegian for Island.
So "Ask Island" then :-)

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2010 15:27 
Tri athlete

Should be a good ride on Saturday. Maybe a bit of a headwind on the way out to Herla, but a good tailwind on the way back.

Also wanted to mention that I measured 550 m of climbing on one lap of the course using my polar a few weeks ago, meaning 2200m for the whole race, so I disagree with the GPS measurement in the FAQ section of 1200m climbing.

I can recommend that you stay behind me to make sure you don't lose your way :-)

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2010 17:37 
Besserwisser

....you probably got lost without the GPS with just that polar of yours ;-)
I've seen your navigation skills on the swimming, remember...:lol:

joke aside: you might be right but the elevation profile from the Garmin edge 705 gps looks ok though?

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2010 10:50 
Tri dude/dudesse

Maybe you should not only find an alternative for the swim area but also for the bike area.

Norsk Mumuku on Saturday with 14 m/s from Northwest. This is about 6-7 Bft which I think is QUITE A LOT :shock:

The Ironmonkeys´Tales:

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2010 11:12 
Besserwisser

Afraid that's not possible. We've got permit from road officials (police etc. ) based upon current layout. Getting a new permit for a revised course and restructure it now is not possible, I'm afraid.

Look at it the bright side.
It'll be an epic year. A year people is going to talk about.
Doing the northernmost Iron distance in the world, practically on the north sea shore with strong winds.
And the run atmosphere will be amazing I think.
Yet again epic :-) Not PB conditions but definately memorable!
Just wish I was in training and had a chance of becoming one of those who come Sunday can brag about having finished the stormy 2010 Bergen Triathlon

:norway:

Swim will be at the lake. News details coming shortly...

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2010 11:34 
Tri dude/dudesse

I always look at the bright sides, otherwise I would have given up becoming a trathlete before I really started. :)

So, we all will become famous! Currahee! :lol:

The Ironmonkeys´Tales:

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2010 08:44 
Tri loonie

Storm.no har nedjustert estimert vindstyrke for i morgon nokså merkbart ifht tidlegare prognosar, medan yr.no er uendra.

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2010 22:32 
Tri newbie

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2010 18:02 
Tri dude/dudesse

The Ironmonkeys´Tales:

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2010 18:22 
Besserwisser